Monday, June 13, 2011

Yeah, I'm still here !!!


Ok... so it's been such a long time since my last blog I don't even know if anyone is reading this. But in the interest of keeping hope alive, I'll fill everyone (or no one) in on whats been happening. Let's see... I've started a new job in the last 2 months that has started taking up a lot more of my time. It's still in the catering field, however it is far more extensive than what I was previously doing. I now cook specialty lunches and items for a high end gourmet food-store and deli. I also cater special events, business lunches etc., but the most exciting addition has been inflight catering! We've had some rather interesting clientele even some royalty! I must say though, I am thoroughly enjoying the amazing food experiences that I have been having, and it has allowed me to grow my resume in quite an unforeseen manner.The hours have been long and often unpredictable and I must admit it has made me most delinquent in a lot of other areas of my life, mostly personal. My personal catering has almost come to a screeching halt. However, I'm making a new effort to keep up with both this blog as well as my column over at thebahamasweekly.com .

On another note, I'm so excited for summer I can barely stand it! It is one of my favorite times of the year sharing only football season (tailgating), as a close competitor. Mostly because I get to do some outdoor cooking, but also because my love for cocktails, frozen or otherwise seems a little more commonplace. But notice I didn't just say grilling! Oh no my friends, this summer will not go without a few extraordinary outdoor cooking trials that I cant wait to share with you guys. From pesto Gnocchi to seafood Pierogies to Pot stickers, I have an arsenal of recipes to try and accomplish in the great outdoors. While they will all involve the grill, the preparations will vary along the way. So, stay tuned I'll be back with loads of great new ideas for grilling, cocktails and entertaining. In the meantime here's a delicious cocktail to keep you busy and cool in the Summer swelter. Until next time foodies...
Forks up!

Sumptuous Summer Splash
about 4-5 servings

1 cup mango juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
4 oz. Triple Sec
4 oz. Mango Rum
4 oz. Pineapple rum
4 oz. White rum
crushed ice (optional)
Fresh fruit wedges, garnish
Maraschino Cherries, garnish

1. Mix together mango, pineapple and orange juices.
2. Add triple sec, mango rum and pineapple rum and shake.
3. Pour over crushed or cubed ice and serve chilled.
4. Garnish rim of glass with Pineapple, Orange or even Mango wedge and a cherry.

Note: If you can, try making this drink with fresh pressed/ squeezed juices, it is amazing!!
This drink can also be made into a frozen one. Just add 2 cups crushed ice into blender with mixed drink and blend to desired texture. Add more ice as needed. Enjoy!




1 comment: