Friday, April 17, 2009

Off to Philly! CHOOO CHOOO !!!



Hello all!



Well I'm off to Philly for the weekend and very curious as to what food finds I may come across! So I asked some friends and hit the web to see what I could get into for a good eat treat. It'd be nice to do at least one nice quick dine location, perhaps a great Philly Cheesesteak spot, and then another more refined dining location.

So as I was searching the web-search search search- I came across an article so shocking, so gasp-causingly breathtaking that I thought I would literally pop with shock and awe. An article appeared simply titled "Bam! Emeril Coming to Lehigh Valley" What? UhhUhh- What? How , where---Why? After my paralysis wears off I click the link and my face begins to do a horrific stretch not unlike the masks in the movie Scream. Not only is it in the Lehigh Valley, but in BETHLEHEM!!!Not only Bethlehem but in the historical landscape that are the Steel mills which sat quietly at the base of the mountains where I spent my Collegiate years. Long starved for the option of a more complex eating experience, I would often drive past these abandoned mills as I swept into the city(New York) for a weekend of prowling and culinary debauchery. And now within a stroll, long after my Lehigh Valley days are done -a solution!! But alas, back to the task at hand...Philly!

Hmmmm? What shall I do? Where shall I start?

It should come as no surprise that I LOVE SUSHI! So the first thing that popped into my mind was the fact that the original MORIMOTOS in in Philly! I have eaten at the one here in NY but have been told that it doesn't hold up to the original location. Then there is Buddakhan which also has a NY location now, and I'm always curious about consistency. But then the web spits out a few options that I've never heard of whose names alone entice me to see what they have to offer. Like Amada- small tapas plates that offer such delectable goodnesses as Lobster Paella and Suckling pig, all with the intoxicating allure of flamenco dancers tap-tap-tapping away as you dine(unfortunately only on Wednesdays). Or then there was Paloma, which boasts an "amalgamation of haute French and Mexican inspirations".... !!! Ridiculous, and by ridiculous I mean awesomely amazing! It is recommended for those willing to stroll slightly off the beaten path of gastronomical fair... Lucky for me off the beaten path is right up my alley! Lol! It seems as though I will have my work cut out for me in such a short span of time-- I have critical decisions to make!

One can only imagine that finding a great Philly Cheesesteak place is going to be harder yet, but the best thing to do when looking for the best in local delicacies, is to ask the people that live breathe and eat in that city on a daily basis. So I think I'll take a strolling poll and see where I end up with that one! Well, wish me luck, I'll keep you posted! Ready... Set... EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment